Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Automatic configuration with provider choice was (GM 2.0 Promotion/Marketing (was: Interest for GM 2.00))

Selon Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>:

> Le mercredi 14 décembre 2005 à 00:07 +0100, michel memeteau a écrit :
> > BTW , maybe sipphone has done it already , I mean http://www.plugndial.com
>
> > generates config files for software and hardware , handling of such a file
> in
> > GM configuration panel ??
> >

> They are doing the reverse I think, ie generating config files for their
> service for several tools and hardware.

Well it seems it could be used for other providers , has their interface can be
filled with curstom SIP proxy
http://apsdev01.plugndial.com/plugndial/app?class=Main;proc=start

> > Then I guess the druid could get a list of sip providers with the
> appropriate
> > URL that points to this configuration file ?
> >
> > Maybe XML would be better but more difficult to handle by hardware
> > devices .....
> >
> > I'll try to rebuild GM on my MDVA box and try it if I find time .....
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >

> It is a good idea, but if I advertise for popular SIP providers in
> GnomeMeeting UI, I find it natural to ask something in return from
> them :)

Yep !  In the first time, I think this could be an agreement so they make a
donation if we make at least 100 people registering ... with the launch of
gnome 2.14 , this could be done easily  I think  ....

I will try to get in contacts with major SIP providers ( wengo , phonesystems,
Netappel ( swiss voipbuster , freecalls to anywhere on lanline in europe ) )

from france , based on

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Service+Providers+Residential

The hardest point will be to make registering easy ....  will be done through
browser , maybe embedding in the druid using mozilla component ??

A lot of providers dos not have a LINUX version of the softphone associated
with
 their service , currently only  Xlite , wengophone for paid service  ....
Maybe
an autopackage of gnomemeeting loaded with defaults for the providers ( but
still can add new ones ) could be good for them  ? It is the way ipodder
finance their work.

--
Michel memeteau
sip://17476005010 proxy01 sipphone com