Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [OpenH323]VIDEO ISSUE SOLVED:Reg Latest Openh323 compilation in Linux

Le jeudi 02 septembre 2004 à 21:58 +1000, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> If GM wants their own forked set of plugins, then I don't need to get
> involved. So I'll not bother discussing that any further - if the GM
> team decides to follow this path then I guess I will see the new plugin
> code eventually.

Kilian didn't even propose that.

> As for how the video plugins work, and how they interacts with GM and
> ohphone, then I have to admit that I lost track of that code shortly
> after it was redesigned by Snark. To my mind, the confusing part is the
> multiple functions that return similar, but not identical, lists of
> devices/services/names, none of which are documented anywhere and all of
> which seem to do slightly different things depending on which operating
> system and/or device is selected.

There is a function that returns a list of plugins and another one that
returns the list of available devices for that plugin. The rest of the
API didn't change, any confusion that is present now was also present
before the plugins. I think plugins were a nice addition and a nice
contribution. You complain when you don't have contributions and now you
also complain when you have contributions...

I'm a bit confused and I don't find it fair that you always reject all
problems on Snark's back.

> I suspect this very mail thread is caused by this confusion - I would
> desperately like to see this API rationalised and simplified or at least
> documented, but as everyone is too busy doing other stuff I suspect this
> will remain yet another part of the code that will remain a mess.
>
> In any case, it may well be that ohphone does not do the correct thing
> with video devices/servides/names, but I have no way of knowing as I
> cannot run that code myself. But then, no-one has offered patches to fix
> it either.

Indeed.

> I don't understand the comments indicating that OpenH323 is somehow
> stopping this from working. If that was true, then how does GM work?

I don't understand the question here, at least I can not give more
information than what I already repeated in several mails. I do
*believe* that OpenH323 won't open a video channel if the device name is
not returned by GetInputDeviceNames (), but Open of V4L can do it.

I can't be more precise ;)

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org