Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [OpenH323]VIDEO ISSUE SOLVED:Reg Latest Openh323 compilation in Linux

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:36:10 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

..deleted

I'm not going to respond to your personal comments here. In fact, I'm
not going to respond to them at all.

> > I don't understand the comments indicating that OpenH323 is somehow
> > stopping this from working. If that was true, then how does GM work?
>
> I don't understand the question here, at least I can not give more
> information than what I already repeated in several mails. I do
> *believe* that OpenH323 won't open a video channel if the device name is
> not returned by GetInputDeviceNames (), but Open of V4L can do it.
>
> I can't be more precise ;)

Being precise doesn't mean you are right.

See my seperate email to Kilian on how OpenH323 does not even see video device
names, so there is no way it can enforce policies on video device names.

Perhaps the plugin manager is enforcing this policy, but apparently I'm
not allowed to make comments about code I didn't write, so I'll refrain
from talking about this.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 Raving Of A Strange Mind - the VoIP blog  http://www.southeren.com/blog