Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [OpenH323]VIDEO ISSUE SOLVED:Reg Latest Openh323 compilation in Linux

Le jeudi 02 septembre 2004 à 21:21 +1000, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> Kilian,
>
> I'm happy for any of the following to occur:
>
> a) someone who has write access can put a patch into the CVS themselves
>
> b) someone can submit a patch to me and I'll put it in
>
> c) explain to me specifically what the GM team wants (because I don't
> yet understand it), and I'll code it if I can. Note that I will be
> unable to test the code because I don't have access to a Linux camera
> and I can't run GM on my Linux machine.

Speaking for the GnomeMeeting team only, the only thing we find logic
would be that GetInputDeviceNames () only returns friendly names.

That's all.

With my understanding of things, Open in V4L already permits to open a
device using its non-friendly name, which is the good behavior.

However, iirc, there is some code in OpenH323 that will check before
starting a video channel if the given device is returned by
GetInputDeviceNames (). I don't know if it can be removed, or if it is
logical to do it or not.

I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want in pwlib. If
required, I can put a hack in GnomeMeeting, but it was necessary that I
tell you that I think it is not the correct approach to solve the
problem. I could also be wrong, that's just my personal advice (and
apparently also the advice from a few people from the team). We agree
the problem needs to be fixed for ohphone, but we think it is the wrong
way to fix it.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org