Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting on 2.6

Hi guys,

> Well the patch for 2.6 breaks my 2.4.23-pre5 kernel.
>
> It is so bad that I can't use gnomemeeting even if
> only gnomemeeting is running.
>
> So the patch works fine in 2.6 but not in 2.4, so what do we do
> check for kernel version in pwlib or?

i may not like to admit it, but i can verify the result that 2.6 is now
rock solid and working excellent under load, but 2.4 has not the exact
same problems as before 2.6. Audio is bits and pieces and you're lucky
if you can even imagine what you hear, so this is inacceptible (and this
even happens with 0 load, i.e. idle system)

Craig: it looks like this prooved we need runtime detection *shrug*

For all my brave Debian CVS users: if you need a working GM, just grab
your copy of the old debs from:
http://snapshots.seconix.com/archive/debian/2004/01/31/dists/
You can e.g. put
"deb http://snapshots.seconix.com/archive/debian/2004/01/30/ sid main"
and force downgrade of your installed packages manually with
apt-get install gnomemeeting-cvs=20040130.CVS-1 libpt-cvs=20040128.CVS-1
libopenh323-cvs=20040128.CVS-1 libpt-plugins-alsa=20040128.CVS-1
libpt-plugins-oss=20040128.CVS-1

or download manually all required debs..

--
Best regards,
 Kilian