Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Reorganizing gconf keys, please comment

On mer, 2003-10-15 at 18:22, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Yes, I'm waiting for more input here. We have the choice. Either we have
> something like :
> addressbook->local_contacts
>                      ->remote_contacts->ldap

local_contacts and remote_contacts don't seem nice...

> Or we put ldap under the protocols subtree.

I'm beginning to wonder if the gatekeeper shouldn't go there... after
all, they're not voip protocols... even if they depend on h323...

> > > * general->UI->auto_clear_text_chat + the current show_ keys
> > >                  ->personal_data
> > >                  ->history
> > >                  ->video_display
> >
> > the text has been butchered, but it seems "general" only has one key,
> > "UI"... that doesn't seem nice.
> >

> no, personal_data, video_display are subtrees of general, not of UI.
> Notice that video_display is an UI thing though. And personal_data is
> used by h323, gatekeepers, and ldap. That is why I put it under general.

hmmmm... does "UI" mean that much then?

> > I would rather see:
> > devices->audio
> >        ->video
> > codecs->audio
> >       ->video
> > because I find it nicer... can't really tell why...
> I find it nicer too, but as I told you on IRC, in the GUI, I'm sometimes
> tempted to intuitively find Audio Codecs in the same subcategory than
> the Audio Devices. In the GUI.

Ah, in the gui, yes, but we're talking about gconf keys... perhaps the
gui will show them under one organisation sometimes, and another another
time...

> lol :)

Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)