Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Reorganizing gconf keys, please comment

Le mer 15/10/2003 à 18:06, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> I really like that part, I already see protocols->SIP->... soon ;-)

Me too ;)

> >                       ->ldap->usual keys
>
> There, I wouldn't put ldap in protocols... I would rather see:
> addressbooks->ldap->...
> because that makes a more logical organization when you add
> addressbooks->contacts
> (notice: Damien just pointed out in irc that gatekeepers 1) are
> h323-only, and 2) should belong here, and that is annoying -- still, I
> give that idea, perhaps someone will know how to fix it).

Yes, I'm waiting for more input here. We have the choice. Either we have
something like :
addressbook->local_contacts
                     ->remote_contacts->ldap

Or we put ldap under the protocols subtree.

> > * general->UI->auto_clear_text_chat + the current show_ keys
> >                  ->personal_data
> >                  ->history
> >                  ->video_display
>
> the text has been butchered, but it seems "general" only has one key,
> "UI"... that doesn't seem nice.

no, personal_data, video_display are subtrees of general, not of UI.
Notice that video_display is an UI thing though. And personal_data is
used by h323, gatekeepers, and ldap. That is why I put it under general.

> > * audio->devices
> >              ->codecs
> >
> > * video->devices
> >              ->codecs
>
> I would rather see:
> devices->audio
>        ->video
> codecs->audio
>       ->video
>
> because I find it nicer... can't really tell why...

I find it nicer too, but as I told you on IRC, in the GUI, I'm sometimes
tempted to intuitively find Audio Codecs in the same subcategory than
the Audio Devices. In the GUI.

> > * nat->ports
> >          ->ip_translation->enable_ip_translation
> >                                          ->enable_ip_checking
> >                                          ->public_ip
> <joke mode="rough">
> Hmmm... I have a _wonderful_ idea: a should_really_not_exist key, under
> which you would put ->nat, and ->win32 (for the future port)/
>
> Then, when the win32 port will exist, you'll store under that last key
> how many times a day they want gm to lose their data, crash, crash the
> box, download the latest virus, etc [you want a _real_ port? You need
> them!].
> </joke>

lol :)

Guys, I need more input on this. Julien and me started the thing, but we
will organize the keys once for all versions.... That is important !