Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS, big problem

On mar, 2003-10-14 at 18:42, Matthias Redlich wrote:
> Besides you should imagine a person who only wants to use GM with one
> friend. In this case his firewall would only accept packets from his
> friend. GM would work properly for him. When connecting to the ils
> directory the server would run your test. All attempts would be blocked
> by his firewall because it would only allow connections from his friend.
> Your test would fail and he would be marked as "wrong network settings"
> or something like that.

I can't imagine someone who would be skilled enough to:
* always know where the friend is;
* always configure the firewall with the right settings to get the calls
from the friend;
* but use ils anyway!

The druid idea is very nice: there are already tests for video&audio,
why not add a simple network configuration test?