Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Miga giga commit of 2922 lines of new code

Le dim 05/10/2003 à 14:11, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> > That is a good question. I think that this behavior could be good :
> > - If a call forwarding URL is specified in the preferences, the menu is
> > changed to "Forward to the url".
> > - If a call forwarding URL is not specified in the preferences, a popup
> > to enter one is presented to the user and the entered URL is set in the
> > preferences.
> >
> > But what I fear (in terms of usability) is user confusion.

[...]

> not if you make the box appear in any case and just make the default be
> the one from the prefs. that way the user always sees a visual feedback
> of where calls are forwarded to and thus just needs to press "Enter" if
> he agrees with the current address (maybe a mnemonic if you have 3 pals
> you forward in a RR style)..

I could also add an explanatory text. Yes, I like the idea. I'll
implement this.

> further the statusbar should indicate the forward-url as it's not needed
> to display the stats while you're not in a call anyway.

[...]

> > Btw, Free For Chat = Auto-Answer
>
> mmh, i'm not sure that's self-explanatory to old users when they'll have
> a new version. Anyway, how do you like the auto-ils-toggle idea? I think
> it somewhat makes sense, but maybe there's objections. Please everybody
> join this discussion!

I think you could be Free For chat for your friends only, and want to
stay invisible to normal users.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org