Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Miga giga commit of 2922 lines of new code

Hi Damien,

> That is a good question. I think that this behavior could be good :
> - If a call forwarding URL is specified in the preferences, the menu is
> changed to "Forward to the url".
> - If a call forwarding URL is not specified in the preferences, a popup
> to enter one is presented to the user and the entered URL is set in the
> preferences.
>
> But what I fear (in terms of usability) is user confusion.

not if you make the box appear in any case and just make the default be
the one from the prefs. that way the user always sees a visual feedback
of where calls are forwarded to and thus just needs to press "Enter" if
he agrees with the current address (maybe a mnemonic if you have 3 pals
you forward in a RR style)..

further the statusbar should indicate the forward-url as it's not needed
to display the stats while you're not in a call anyway.

>  Currently,
> with the current popup, it is clear for the user that further details
> and options can be found in the "Call Forwarding" section of the
> preferences, and that those are not different things. With the situation
> described above, I think most users wouldn't do the "link" between the
> "FORWARD" incoming call mode and the "Call Forwarding" options in the
> preferences.

well, they would if you just make the prefs entry: "adresses to forward
to", which would reflect the mnemonic of the input box and would have a
checkmark (or the topmost is the active one, if forward is the current
mode)..

> Btw, Free For Chat = Auto-Answer

mmh, i'm not sure that's self-explanatory to old users when they'll have
a new version. Anyway, how do you like the auto-ils-toggle idea? I think
it somewhat makes sense, but maybe there's objections. Please everybody
join this discussion!

--
Best regards,
 Kilian