Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP and GnomeMeeting - please comment

mån 2003-02-24 klockan 01.20 skrev Damien Sandras:
> > I'm also kind of worried that you classify other people's differing
> > opinions as "flames". That's surely not productive, especially as you
> > asked for opinions/comments with the general direction to begin with.
> > Don't ask for it if you don't want differing opinions.
>
> I don't classify "differing opinions" as flames. I'm classifying as
> "flames" opinions where people tell that I've said things when that's
> not true.

I didn't claim you've said particular quotes. I commented on the general
impression I got from your mails, both recent and older ones, which
relates to the direction GM is taking. Perhaps you need to be clearer
about your intentions, or it's just me that's confused. I wouldn't know.

> When you tell I've said things like "those libs have always sucked and
> will always suck". That makes me angry. Do you think I would have
> created *GNOME*Meeting if I had thought GNOME libs suck?

Read my mails again. I never claimed you said such things. I claimed
that was the impression I got. Don't accuse people of misquoting you
when they're not.

> "as if they were set in stone, impossible to improve and not improved
> for you or written by you" "NIH syndrome" -> Those affirmation seem to
> be personal attacks, so flames as it has nothing to do with GnomeMeeting
> itself but with me.

Everything I sad had everything to do with GM development and nothing
with you as a person. You know that. You just happen to be the
maintainer and lead developer, and if you choose to interpret criticisms
about GM development and directions as personal attacks that's up to
you.
Everything I said is true for all GM developers (including me, to what
extent I'm still considered a developer). There seems to be little
effort provided for actually fixing the GNOME stuff related to GM that
happens to suck currently, but rather a lot more effort in duplicating
those things in order to remove dependencies, which is somewhat
worrying. If everyone goes off duplicating sucking functionality and
writing their own homebrewn or otherwise custom implementations then
that means those things will still continue to suck forever, which helps
noone.

Christian