Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP and GnomeMeeting - please comment

mån 2003-02-24 klockan 00.58 skrev Damien Sandras:
> > > Who said I was not happy with the GNOME libraries?
> >
> > I interpreted your recent comments regarding GNOME sound that way.
>
> There is a difference between not being happy with ESD and not being
> happy with the GNOME libraries. You are making generalities out of
> particular cases.

Perhaps so. I interpreted those as fairly typical cases.

> > > Do you mean Im not doing any effort to improve things in GNOME?
> >
> > I don't know if it's true or not, but that sure is the impression I get.
> > When asked about the problems with GNOME sound you mentioned, you
> > replied you didn't even know if there were any relevant bug reports
> > about the problems¹. Bug reports about the problems is the least one
> > could expect from someone willing to improve things, I would think.
>
> Everybody is aware that ESD has to be replaced, there is no doubt about
> that, and people are looking at replacing it. I don't see why I should
> do a bug report about that.

Perhaps to add that bit of minimal effort to improve the situation you
already claim to do?

> > Believe it or not, I don't think it's fun claiming things about people
> > out of thin air. So I don't do it. I've based the impressions I get on
> > the actual impressions I get from your mails.
>
> I would appreciate if you could keep your impressions for yourself, and
> concentrate on doing interesting things for GNOME on your side instead
> of flaming people on mailing lists with wrong arguments about wrong
> problems and using wrong justifications.

I'm sure trying to contribute as much as I can to GNOME, even if I
haven't been fairly active with GnomeMeeting lately. That should be
fairly obvious in other areas.
I'm also kind of worried that you classify other people's differing
opinions as "flames". That's surely not productive, especially as you
asked for opinions/comments with the general direction to begin with.
Don't ask for it if you don't want differing opinions.

Christian