Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 0.98

Op di 18-02-2003, om 11:23 schreef Damien Sandras:
> Do you mean a classical menu like the "File / Edit / View" menu?
Yes

> Interesting idea, I have to think about it even though I think it is
> pretty intuitive that there is a right-click menu there (moreover the
> manual will document it).
Hmm. to be honest, I needed a few minutes to discover the right click
menus. I might not be a typical user but I guess it's not that obvious
if you haven't used it before.
It would be nice if the manual covers these actions but lots of users
don't want to read a manual and just give up.

> Notice that Drag-And-Drop is another way to manage users. Only actions
> that are only feasible using popup menus are : Add a group, Delete an
> user. All the rest is feasible by drag-and-drop.
DND-support is very nice and much faster than (popup) menus but it
doesn't solve the problem of the hidden options. The current context
sensitive popup menus also lack an overview of all possible actions.
e.g. to explore all 'server-related' options the user needs to right
click twice. One time on "Servers" and one time on a one time on
ils.seconix.com

The downside of adding classical menus is the interface gaining
complexity. As an alternative to classical menus you might consider
adding buttons to the right part of the interface.

--
Huib Kleinhout <h v kleinhout student tue nl>