Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 0.98

*Add an alternative to the popup menus in the address book:
All possible actions (add, call, delete) in the address book are only
accessible from popup menus (right click). And as the gnome HIG states
about popup menus: "Since the user may not be aware of their presence,
do not provide functions that are only accessible from popup menus
unless you are confident that your target users will know how to use
popup menus." [1]
I think the best solution would be to add a regular drop-down menu to
the address book. something like this (quick draft):

[server]
 ------
add
delete
refresh

[contact]
 -------
call
----
new
edit
add to group -> [Friends]
delete		[...

[group]
 -----
new
rename
delete

(Most options will be insensitive unless something relevant has been
selected. e.g. delete and refresh from the server menu are only
sensitive when a server is selected)

Any other ideas, comments?

Huib

[1]
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/menus.html#menu-type-popup

--
Huib Kleinhout <h v kleinhout student tue nl>