Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] bandwidth limit

Le mar 09/12/2003 à 20:38, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> first off, i like the bandwitdh auto-thresholding as idea.. i just
> wonder how good it'll be when using it (like in trafficshaping 128kBit
> down to 100kBit for upload or at free will etc.)..

It doesn't control the bandwidth during the call. It will just eliminate
the codecs that can not be used because of the lack of bandwidth when
negotiating the call. Just like Netmeeting. (That's why Netmeeting
automatically rejects G.711 for dialup users, they have to lie and tell
they are using DSL to be able to use it or video.)

> To answer your question though: i'd make the Codecs and Hardware grouped
> into "Data Exchange" (anybody with a better name for it, please speak
> up) and add a new group "Line Settings" which can describe the TOS ID
> and the badnwidth for now.. Opening a group for just 1 new item doesn't
> make too much sense.. so if you want to include it into the current
> groups then the "Hardware/Devices" group needs a new item "Net" which
> would then hold the above items (TOS, BW-UP, BW-DOWN, IP to bind to
> (dropdown of all local devices))

I'm not sure I understand that paragraph. Do you mean we would have this
structure :
- Some category (Data Exchange)
      | Audio devices
      | Video devices
      | Audio codecs
      | Video codecs
      | Line Settings

?

I have added a "Call Control" category, separate from the devices and
codecs sections. The bandwidth is there. I will also add other options
in the same category related to the control of calls like : auto-redial
on busy, no data timeout, ...

> hth.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.