[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] bandwidth limit

Hi to all,

You all know that GnomeMeeting can put a bandwidth limitation for the
video codec then modify the framerate and quality trying to reach that
bandwidth limit.

I will add tonight a new parameter which is a general bandwidth
limitator influencing the codecs negotiation. For example, you have a
dialup connection (56 kbits) and you put G.711 as first codec (64
kbits).

GnomeMeeting will start the connection, will try to open the logical
channel for G.711 because it is the prefered codec for transmission and
because it is supported by the remote user, but it will fail because it
would eat your 56k. It will then try to open the second prefered codec
in your list (say GSM - 13 kbits) and it will work. The same applies for
the reception.

Where in the preferences should I place that option?

Should I give the user the possibility to choose his bandwidth, or
should I simply let him choose his connection type (like in Netmeeting
and like in the Configuration Assistant) ?

I vote for letting him choose his connection type only (most users have
no clue about bandwidth and such), but where should I place that option?
General ?

Thanks,
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.