Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA7] the "I'm in a real hurry" release

Le mar 12/08/2003 à 13:15, PUYDT Julien a écrit :

> Looks better... how about i18n? If the descriptive string is in pwlib,
> it won't get translated. A way around this would be:
> * pwlib gives the plugin name + a description;

PWLib only gives the plugin name, GM gives the description.

> * gm recognizes the plugin name, and changes the description to a
> gm-one, ie: with i18n;
>
> Go for the second choice in either case: if gm not only lets the choice
> "V4L" or "V4L2" or "AVC" or "DC" or whatever, but gives a nice
> description, like "AVC Driver for some FireWire/iLink/IEEE1394 cameras",
> or something like this, the user will find his/her device.

Indeed, I didn't think to that. But that also means that if you have a
Firewire camera, and a V4L camera, if you choose the AVC plugin, you
will get only the Firewire camera in the list and not the other one. But
I guess it is the best solution in regard of the V4L2 problem.

> Why? If it comes as a PSoundChannel class, it can be a plugin. If it
> doesn't, how would it work with pwlib&openh323?

It is not only a PSoundChannel class and the implementation of it is not
in pwlib but in openh323 (ouch)

> > Could you have a look at xmms and see if it seems the correct way to do
> > it for you?
>
> Definitely the second choice, with the added userfriendly&translated
> comments when gm knows the plugin.

Second choice is the one at the bottom in the GUI, right?