Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA7] the "I'm in a real hurry" release

Le mar 12/08/2003 à 13:26, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le mar 12/08/2003 à 13:15, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> >
> > Looks better... how about i18n? If the descriptive string is in pwlib,
> > it won't get translated. A way around this would be:
> > * pwlib gives the plugin name + a description;
>
> PWLib only gives the plugin name, GM gives the description.

And if the plugin is unknown, gm copes with it and adds a default
(translated) description. Ok.

> > * gm recognizes the plugin name, and changes the description to a
> > gm-one, ie: with i18n;
> >
> > Go for the second choice in either case: if gm not only lets the choice
> > "V4L" or "V4L2" or "AVC" or "DC" or whatever, but gives a nice
> > description, like "AVC Driver for some FireWire/iLink/IEEE1394 cameras",
> > or something like this, the user will find his/her device.
> >

> Indeed, I didn't think to that. But that also means that if you have a
> Firewire camera, and a V4L camera, if you choose the AVC plugin, you
> will get only the Firewire camera in the list and not the other one. But
> I guess it is the best solution in regard of the V4L2 problem.

Well, if the descriptions of the plugins go like this:
* "V4L driver, works for most usb webcams or tv grab cards";
* "AVC driver, works for FireWire/iLink/IEEE1394 cameras";

the user will have to choose the second... If you think it is too much,
can you remind me why gm didn't warn me I had chosen the wrong device
for my mic?

> > Why? If it comes as a PSoundChannel class, it can be a plugin. If it
> > doesn't, how would it work with pwlib&openh323?
> >

> It is not only a PSoundChannel class and the implementation of it is not
> in pwlib but in openh323 (ouch)

Very very very very very very very very bad design. It will be painful,
you know?

> > > Could you have a look at xmms and see if it seems the correct way to do
> > > it for you?
> >
> > Definitely the second choice, with the added userfriendly&translated
> > comments when gm knows the plugin.
>
> Second choice is the one at the bottom in the GUI, right?

The second choice is the one where you choose the driver to use, then
click on configure and configure _that_ driver.