Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA7] the "I'm in a real hurry" release

Le mar 12/08/2003 à 12:57, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> I think that would do the trick.
> Now, in GM, how do you see things :
> - a list like the codecs list where you can enable/disable plugins ?

Doesn't make much sense...

> - a list like in xmms where you can choose one plugin or another ?

Looks better... how about i18n? If the descriptive string is in pwlib,
it won't get translated. A way around this would be:
* pwlib gives the plugin name + a description;
* gm recognizes the plugin name, and changes the description to a
gm-one, ie: with i18n;

> For audio, I think the second is best.
> For video, I think the first is best, but I also think that we can hide
> plugins.

Bad idea, won't last.

Your choice is motivated by this:
* you know you'll soon have a same sound device managed by different
plugins;
* you don't have a same video device managed by different plugins;

Now, let Video4Linux2 enter the scene, with a new V4L2 plugin! Your idea
leads to something you wanted to avoid.

Go for the second choice in either case: if gm not only lets the choice
"V4L" or "V4L2" or "AVC" or "DC" or whatever, but gives a nice
description, like "AVC Driver for some FireWire/iLink/IEEE1394 cameras",
or something like this, the user will find his/her device.

> I'm still a bit worried by this. Quicknet support will be another
> problem because of the API, but I think Ill simply keep it the way it is
> working now.

Why? If it comes as a PSoundChannel class, it can be a plugin. If it
doesn't, how would it work with pwlib&openh323?

> Could you have a look at xmms and see if it seems the correct way to do
> it for you?

Definitely the second choice, with the added userfriendly&translated
comments when gm knows the plugin.