Re: g-c-c and g-s-d maintainership

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for bringing this topic to the table.

I volunteered to (hopefully temporarily) do general maintainership of Control Center, but of course respecting the maintainership of each individual panel.

My main goals as a maintainer during this period are:
  • Move Control Center to GitLab (will happen Feb 7th)
  • Zero the unreviewed patches counter in Bugzilla
  • Unify the coding style as much as possible (respecting of course each panel's maintainer decision)
  • Modernize the codebase (use new macros and utilities, reduce the boilerplate code volume, etc)
  • Wipe out as many deprecated functions as possible
  • Turn widgets into template widgets

If no one opposes to that, I'll continue reviewing patches and doing general cleanups until (if ever...) a new maintainer pops up.

Please let me know what you think.

With respect,
Georges