Re: Planned "Sound Settings" improvements

Hi guys, I added to the wiki the link to what we tried to release for 12.04 in Ubuntu. Not everything fit in unfortunately.

The wireframe is very similar to what Allan designed. The main difference being the vertical position of the global output volume. Besides its position also the choice of how to represent mute and boost selection hasn't been easy and I suggested a Window, or web, like approach where there is a toggle button for the mute.
The boost is represented by an extra checkbox. A switch for it might be eccessive but if I remember well upstream wasn't interested in boosting anyways.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, chr

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> With both PA 2.0 and GNOME 3.4 almost out the door, now would be the
> perfect time to start planning sound panel improvements for 3.6.
> Allan, do we already have any design work for how to integrate new PA
> features (such as jack detection) in the panel ?

I had a few discussions with people back when this thread was alive,
and I came up with a quick sketch [1]. I seem to recall that Christian
had some ideas of his own, too. I'm sure we could take that forward.

Ideas for new designs can be added to the appropriate design page [2].

Allan

[1] https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/sound/png/output.png

[2] https://live.gnome.org/Design/SystemSettings/Sound