Re: Planned "Sound Settings" improvements

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:

>> I wonder if Gnome 3.4 is a realistic target here. Colin, do you think
>> we'll have a PulseAudio 2.0 out in time for a new UI to make it into
>> Gnome 3.4, or would Gnome 3.6 be more realistic?
>>
>> Also, if we're not agreeing on all changes, and we're clear on what
>> parts of the rewrite that are being appreciated and what parts are not,
>> I believe it makes sense for us to make a patch set with those things
>> included that Gnome wants only.
>
> 3.6 is fine by me as well. But I'd like to see the GNOME code as soon as
> it's written, whether in a github/gitorious tree, through a squashed
> patch in bugzilla, or a branch in the upstream repo if you have access.

Hey, reviving this old thread.

With both PA 2.0 and GNOME 3.4 almost out the door, now would be the
perfect time to start planning sound panel improvements for 3.6.
Allan, do we already have any design work for how to integrate new PA
features (such as jack detection) in the panel ?
David, you said that you had patches somewhere ? Can those be made
available for review ?

Matthias