Re: Having external control panels in System settings

On 01/20/2012 02:23 PM, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
if you want something in the control center, just propose it on this list, so if it makes sense, it will be added. but we want to avoid every single app/service to add stuff to the control center, as this was one of the biggest problems in GNOME 2.x, where we ended up with 3/4 entries for keyboard-related stuff, app-specific configuration, etc. So, what do you want to add to the control center that is missing?
Well , I still think the problem is in the principle , but to answer your question - the thing that took my attention (in G-C-C) when I installed Natty was that Nvidia control panel ,and CCSM didn't appear automatically . And I still believe that it's hardly possible to integrate every configuration panel into G-C-C and there should be some section that those could live in . And yes one can configure stuff through the apps themselfs or to start the control panels through terminal or whatever , but it's by far more civilized to have them in System settings .