Re: Having external control panels in System settings

On 01/19/2012 03:51 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
   So here's the first point I want to make - System settings isn't a
configuration menu for GNOME , because GNOME isn't an operating system .
Except that it's what we want it to become, taking control of our
platform rather than having 3 separate options for each element of the
stack. With that in mind, I think the rest of your reasoning doesn't
really stand.

Cheers

Ok , even if it were an operating system , you CANNOT make all of its components (and if you think you can - it cannot happen right now), hence the point stands . I do like the idea of a unified system , but if you don't have a solution for everithing right away , or say in the next month , you should call it a development period and let apps or whatever system components have their place in the System settings . Please clarify : "

taking control of our
platform rather than having 3 separate options for each element of the
stack

" (if it's relative enough)