Re: Having external control panels in System settings

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 03:40:19AM +0200, Petko wrote:
> That's pretty much it , in my opinion you should make the compromise
> of a backdoor to let some specific settings in until there is a
> better integrated solution (something will come up) .

Distributions can patch what they need. Mageia does not patch. For me,
it is a benefit that applications cannot use it.

If I check some of the custom control panels at work, I see:
- Java
- Program Updates
- Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager
- Remote Control
  funny one, cannot change anything
- Run Advertised Programs
- SAP configuration
- Flash Player

I don't see why any of above should be separately in System Settings
(program updates is already in system settings btw, but then better
integrated).

Is the request for the API solely for distributions?

Note: I do have an nvidia card. I don't think the nvidia stuff belongs
in system settings. Further, I initially disliked the API removal. I've
changed my opinion.

--
Regards,
Olav