Re: Having external control panels in System settings

Jon, thanks for the proper explanation . On the positive side - you're not the control freaks you seemed like :D // On the negative - you made the bad decision of making a new shell (in the name of a new design) without thinking about when it will be fully functional . The fact is it won't be for a loong time . Second negative - you have to wrap it around your heads that you can't keep the distros out of it .

That's pretty much it , in my opinion you should make the compromise of a backdoor to let some specific settings in until there is a better integrated solution (something will come up) .

I know this thread has gone on for waay too long , but I'm still curious to hear thoughts on the above.

Petko