Re: Volume Boost Checkbox

Apologies if it wasn't clear enough.
A first iteration of?
I was suggesting to implement David's design without the checkbox.
This would cover the ports/connectors reshuffle and the removal of the hardware tab. You mentioned that this was not a final design therefore I asked if you had any alternatives ?
  Adding a Sound panel setting is out of the
question. I don't think that the Ubuntu "sound indicator" should use>
100% volumes, or only with additional marks[1].

It is point of view which has been actively debated over the past few years. Lennart and co from the pulse community would like to see a standard UI for representing volume boosting. It is an ongoing discussion ...

Conor