Re: Volume Boost Checkbox

Hello Conor,

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 13:05 -0400, Conor Curran wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I was looking to implement these changes to gnome sound settings that
> David Henningsson has proposed. For the volume boost toggle at the end
> of the proposed UI I was thinking of putting this value in gsettings.
> Under which schema do people think we should put this ?
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~diwic/sound-settings/gvc_ui_final.jpg

We're not going to be adding a setting for that.

1) The sound panel doesn't store anything in GSettings, only PulseAudio
stores anything
2) I'm not even certain what "volume boost" is supposed to do
3) getting > 100% volume is only possible through the system settings
for good reasons. Reading the relevant bugzillas and the commit log for
the sound panel should give you more details.

Finally, this UI is very very far from final (despite its name), at
least it's not something that Allan (who's been talking to David) or
myself would agree with.

Cheers