Re: Volume Boost Checkbox

On 2011-10-28 19:05, Conor Curran wrote:
Hey folks,

I was looking to implement these changes to gnome sound settings that
David Henningsson has proposed. For the volume boost toggle at the end
of the proposed UI I was thinking of putting this value in gsettings.
Under which schema do people think we should put this ?

http://people.canonical.com/~diwic/sound-settings/gvc_ui_final.jpg
<http://people.canonical.com/%7Ediwic/sound-settings/gvc_ui_final.jpg>

For reference :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-sound/+bug/612511

Hi Conor!

Do not implement the two bottom checkboxes for now ("Activate on hotplug" and "Volume boost"). There is no consistent API from PulseAudio anyway (though you're right - it could be handled entirely on the UI level).
We can discuss this at UDS next week.

Also, I talked to Allan Day about the height requirements on IRC the other day, and he agreed that it was at least worth trying having the devices on the left side and the settings for the devices (i e sinks/sources) at the right side, much like the printer dialog. I think this is a good idea.

--
David Henningsson
http://launchpad.net/~diwic