Re: Map Library

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:

>>> You can look at the initial-setup assistant in the 'setup' branch of
>>> gnome-control-center for my current best attempt at using the
>>> libgweather location entry together with the timezone map.
>>
>> If we're going to duplicate that, then it should probably be in the
>> library as well, no?
>
> Dunno. Maybe. I just stole some code from the clock-applet...
> Anyway, the important things for my use are:
>
> - can be used offline
> - is a single entry, not a series of combos

Ok, looking some more at the code that I've copied from the datetime
panel so far, I need

cc-timezone-map.h/c
tz.h/c
set-timezone.h/c

None of these seem to have any translations, but the timezone map
widget (obviously) needs all the map images in
/usr/shate/gnome-control-center/ui/datetime, and tz.c reads
/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab and
/usr/share/gnome-control-center/datetime/backward.

set-timezone is a totally unnamespaced ad hoc wrapper around the g-s-d
system bus service for setting date/time. Using dbus-glib. We are
probably better off leaving that out of any library we come up with,
and instead use gdbus-codegen.