Re: Dropping the "Interface" tab from appearance capplet

On 28 Jul 2009, at 17:21, Matthias Clasen wrote:

I think the interface tab together with the windows capplet would make
a good nucleus for a tweakui style app, that we could ship separately.

Perhaps... yet we've talked about just such an app since I started working on GNOME back in 2000, and possibly even before that, in which time I can vaguely remember about one effort in the distant past[1] to actually write one, which never really took off.

That would suggest to me that people generally aren't all that interested in having a tweakui app for GNOME, unless our user base now likes to tinker more than it used to... and if that's the case, it would be interesting to know why. [2]

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] http://gtweakui.sourceforge.net/index.php

[2] Okay, I just found out about http://ubuntu-tweak.com as well. How many people use that?

mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team