Re: A weird bug about gnome-control-center

2009/7/25 Jens Granseuer <jensgr gmx net>
Hi,

and sorry for taking so long to reply.

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 09:43 +0800, Zhang Qiang wrote:
> Reproduce Steps(steps,current result, reproduce possibility)
>
> (1) when the system is newly installed. Launch "about-me" from App launcher.
> (2) edit Personal address info with:
>
> (3) close "about-me" applet to save the user info. then launch it again to
>
> check
> (4) you will find the address is gone, P.O.box show strange chars. (in the
> attachment)
> (5) Only happen once, all setting in "about-me" will be ok after the first info
> change.

I can't seem to reproduce this behaviour.

You didn't state what version you're using, so that might be one issue,
and I also didn't have a newly installed system, but I made sure the
"self" user in e-d-s was deleted before running g-a-m.

Regards,
Jens

Thanks for your reply:),  I know this issue is very weird. Our gnome-control-centrer version is 2.26.0.
I am not familiar with the development of gtk, and I tried to analysis the source code of gnome-about-me, but I can't find which file saves the self information, or which config file would be load when gnome-about-me started, can you tell me?
Maybe there's something wrong when creating/updating data file of gnome-about-me.

thanks a lot .

-regards
-Qiang