Re: Plans for 2.20

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 21:52 +0000, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Rodrigo,
>
> > * keyboard:
> >         - Merge with keyboard shortcuts
> Wouldn't it clutter the dialog a bit? Do you see it as new tabs?

not if we move the layout tabs to a separate dialog.

> >         - Move to an 'input methods' capplet?
> I do not think this is a viable solution. The UI of the capplet would
> be overloaded and difficult to navigate - of course, if it is done by
> trivial merging. Do you mean something else?

yeah, I'm not convinced by this neither, since it would be a cluttered
capplet.

> >         - Layout tabs in a separate dialog
> Hehe, at some point it was separate. At some point there was even idea
> about separate i18n capplet. Could you please describe your vision
> with some more details?

a i18n capplet could work, what do you think? Do you remember why it
wasn't done before?

> A bit of personal plans:
>
> In the "choose layout" popup dialog, I would replace the tree on the
> left side with two combo boxes at the bottom (or at the top?) - first,
> with the list of layouts, second - with the list of variants
> (repopulated on every selection change in the first one). I think it
> would be easier use - and use less screen space (so more space would
> be available for the preview).

yeah, sounds good, could you do a mockup of your ideas please?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>