Re: Plans for 2.20

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:52 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:53 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > * proxy settings:
> > 	- Extend it and call it 'Network'?
> > 	- Move it to NetworkManager or gnome-system-tools?
>
> What does 'extend' include?  Any chance of per-Location proxy settings
> (for those Locations defined in network-admin)?  We're kind of working
> towards this functionality for OpenSolaris at the moment, but it would
> be nice not to have to second-guess what's going to happen to the
> community network-admin/Proxy capplets :)

we are discussing here what to do, so if you could share your ideas, we
could even take them into account if they are better than ours :-)

So far, I understand 'extend' by either merging network-admin and the
proxy capplet, or by adding new features, like per-location proxy
settings, <crazy_idea_that_just_came_out_on_my_mind>SSH keys
management</crazy_idea>, or whatever.

In whatever case, per-location proxy settings is something that sounds
quite good, so whatever we do, we really want that feature in, don't we?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>