Re: control center configuration

On 02.01.2007 18:47, F. Heitkamp wrote:
> When I compile and install control center, for all versions I have=20
> tried, the desktop preference window comes up with nothing in it.  There=20
> are no icons or widgets...nothing.  When I run gnome-control-center on=20
> SuSE or Debian installs the window contains preference icons. When I go=20
> to the gnome applications directory the icons for preferences are there=20
> and work.  I just don't know how to get them in Desktop Preferences=20
> window .The latest gnomecc from CVS only spits an error=20
> gmenu_tree_directory_get_contents: assertion `directory !=3D NULL' failed

How exactly did you build and install the package?

The last error is caused by not having the gnomecc.menu file installed
in a place where cc can find it (XDG_CONFIG_DIRS). For your setup that
should at least include /usr/local/gnome216/etc/xdg unless you passed
another sysconfdir to configure.

Jens