Re: GUADEC meeting summary

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 19:45 +0200, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > 	* should we use the categories for capplets in the menu? At least, for
> > people using the whole menu instead of the shell, it wouldn't be so
> > cluttered
>
> Personally (and I believe that's what Thomas said as well), I find using the
> categories for submenus much more cluttered than having all in one menu.

even when there are 20+ capplets on the menu? Of course, for a short
menu, it looks much better all on a single menu, but when there are many
capplets, it looks horrible. And while we can reduce the number of
capplets in control-center, there will always be 3rd parties adding
their own.

> > 	* about-me seems to be disabled by default, should we enable it? fix it
> > and make it more useful?
>
> It certainly needs a good bit of fixing (keyboard timeouts come to
> mind, bleh). It might become a bit more useful when the telepathy stuff
> that was talked about at GUADEC lands (whenever that may be).

yes, gnome-about needs a revamp to make it more useful. Maybe providing
support for selecting accounts (mail, calendars, IRC/IM), Online
desktop, etc. Quim gave a good talk about this in GUADEC 2006:

http://desdeamericaconamor.org/blog/node/264
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>