Re: merging applets

So, I totally agree that a bunch of capplets should be
merged/deleted/whatever. However, a few points on the subject.
We obviously don't have time to do this for 2.16. Feature freeze
is less than 2 weeks away now. I'd consider this a major feature
change. We also should be doing usability testing and actual spec
writing for how the merging should happen and what the new UIs should
be like. I'm going to be working on writing up som bits about this
soon.

On that note, I don't exactly agree with all the merging suggestions so
far, or with many of the current capplet UIs. However, I would much
rather be seeing concrete proposals and mock-ups, rather than spending
all of my time in a flamewar about the UIs and whatnot. So, I'm not
going to comment on any of them specifically at the moment. :)

-- dobey