Re: merging applets

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 18:40 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> So, I totally agree that a bunch of capplets should be
> merged/deleted/whatever. However, a few points on the subject.
> We obviously don't have time to do this for 2.16. Feature freeze
> is less than 2 weeks away now. I'd consider this a major feature
> change. We also should be doing usability testing and actual spec
> writing for how the merging should happen and what the new UIs should
> be like. I'm going to be working on writing up som bits about this
> soon.

yeah, no time for 2.16, what we'll do is create the 2.16 branch as soon
as the freezes start, so that we can start this work on HEAD ASAP, to
have it all ready for 2.18.

> On that note, I don't exactly agree with all the merging suggestions so
> far, or with many of the current capplet UIs.

I don't agree neither myself :) It was just a quick list to start the
discussion. As soon as we have some clear ideas, I'll do some mockups.

In fact, I guess we all agree in merging the 3 keyboard applets, right?
If no one disagrees, I'll start doing the mockup for it.

>  However, I would much
> rather be seeing concrete proposals and mock-ups, rather than spending
> all of my time in a flamewar about the UIs and whatnot. So, I'm not
> going to comment on any of them specifically at the moment. :)

flamewars are not allowed in this list :) Just constructive discussions
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>