Re: merging applets

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 12:50 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On 7 Jul 2006, at 12:39, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > http://gnome.org/~calum/screenies/cc-panel.png
> > http://gnome.org/~calum/screenies/cc-places.png
> >
> > In both cases, the search box would search more than just the name of
> > the capplet-- ideally a description and perhaps the text labels in
> > each
> > window, too.
>
> Okay, so I didn't actually have a search box in the second one :)  No
> reason why you couldn't, though.
>
> Caveat: personally I still don't really like this sort of
> "categorised table" layout-- IMHO it's just too hard to visually scan
> through and find what you're looking for, as first you have to play
> guess-the-category, and then you have two dimensions to deal with
> through rather than one.

That might be true, but with the current setup it's kind of a pain to
search for an item. Personally, when I dig in the preferences menu I
often know what I'm looking for and where it is, but I have to scan the
menu several times because having 20 items in 1 row is *way too much* to
identify easily the capplet.

Having a categorized table is not that bad, if we could agree on the
categories, because they'd already give you a very approximated idea
about where to search, without trusting blindly in visual memory or
alphabetical order. But it's just my opinion :)

	Regards

> Cheeri,
> Calum.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.