Re: [gnome-women] Getting a Web Site Up & Logo Contest status

Hello Everybody
<delurking here>

On 08/08/2005, at 11:58 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> So here's my first stab at some content for our web page together:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomenWebPageDraft

Nice job Mairin :-)
The page looks nice (but I always liked simple pages sans graphics).

I am already involved with translation (sanskrit and marathi language)
for Ubuntu using their web translation software Rosetta but now I want
to learn and use Pootle.

I noticed a Gnome Translation page here and Debian has one too and so
does Ubuntu :-). Can someone please explain how the whole thing is put
together. How do you co-ordinate if there is a replication of some
work.

How do I form a team for a language (like Sanskrit) which has unicode
support but no translation work has been done as yet ? I started with
it in Rosetta so can I use those files here ?
I hope people will join once the basic frame is setup.
Any pointers would be useful.

--
cheers,