Re: On joining the GNOME web team...

Peter:

With the Friends of GNOME mock-up, I was just exploring what the page
could look like with an expanded corporate sponsorship section, as per
Brian Cameron's email [1].

I think we need to have a sponsors page that makes it easier to
highlight what sponsors are making happen within the GNOME community.
It is a nice way to say thanks, and to encourage others to sponsor.

It would be good if we could better recognize organizations that do
things like sponsor a party at a GNOME event or an a11y project.  Since
many sponsors are also advisory board members, I think we want to make
it clear that we are recognizing sponsors and advisory board members
separately.

It would be good if we could make such a page build dynamically so that
logo images, and the information about what they sponsored could be
easily and quickly added or removed from the page as we wish to
highlight sponsors.

Also, there should be some information about how the reader could
consider becoming a sponsor, or to encourage their organization(s) to
sponsor.  Perhaps to also mention benefits of sponsoring.  Perhaps
some examples of how we've managed sponsorships in the past.  We
have many examples of good a11y work done via sponsorship, for
example.  Likewise the Women's Outreach Program is a good example.

Perhaps we might also provide things to organizations that sponsor
significant amounts.  Things that probably are more aimed at
organizational sponsors than framed prints, tshirts, or mugs.
Perhaps we could provide things to organizations like free passes to a
GNOME event we would normally charge entrance fees to, to include their
logos in the GUADEC event materials/GNOME Journal or other logo
placement, or other ways to add value to sponsorship and to make sure
we recognize sponsors well.

Brian