Re: Warn users about google

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 05:58:09PM +0300, Mikko V. Viinamäki wrote:
> Show me the data, eh? Do you believe a lot of people end up in
> google's databanks and some of them because of you? Do you believe
> google will provide the data to various US authorities? Do you believe
> google's business model is to sell the data to advertisers? Do you
> believe you're not google's customer but its product

I guess above means you do not have any data for your claims?

> I cannot change privacy laws and as you surely know, the question of
> legal jurisdiction is fairly controversial on the internet.

There are European wide as well as country privacy laws which companies
would have to abide by. The European are pretty strict. If you think
Google is not abiding by your privacy, then act.

European parliament has to listen if you get enough signatures.

> But hey, feel free to ignore me and feel warm and fuzzy about google...

Suggest to back up your claims and really do something about it. Purpose
of GNOME is not about privacy laws and so on. It seems a bit ineffective
way to get what you want done.

--
Regards,
Olav