Re: Warn users about google

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 04:08:06PM +0300, Mikko V. Viinamäki wrote:
> Usually one can see the destination of a link by hovering the goddamn
> cursor above said link. Not so with your sneaky button. And I don't

So install an addon, as suggested.

> care about various sites, if I do, I will email them. I am worried
> about me also but more about other people. Me having some browser
> extensions won't help them one bit. Of course, the best solution would

Same thing. Have those people use extensions.

If we get a hundreds of complaints from other people, I'll look into it.
At the moment you're the only one. I prefer having a working search
rather than a "for the good of others" without clear data. Meaning: show
me the privacy violations and/or the number of people who want this
change.

> be to not use google at all. I'm always surprised to run into people
> who don't understand the value of privacy.

Firefox has a "do not follow" header in the latest version. Enable that,
done.

Regarding the different points raised:
A. Google is evil
=> addon
B. Pricacy
=> addon+do not follow
C. For the good of others
=> no data to this claim
   even if you want; there are millions of sites with like buttons and
   so on.
   something more effective would be to make people use addons+do not
   follow, change privacy laws
--
Regards,
Olav