Re: Shouldn't Drupal be reconsidered as CMS

On 5/8/09 2:44 AM, "Andreas Nilsson" <nisses mail home se> wrote:

> Talking CMS choices are one of those things that are just going to end
> up in a really long and boring thread without any real consensus. What I
> would like for us to focus on first is to get all the organization,
> content and design together and get it really, really good. Then we can
> implement that in whatever thing suits best.

I'd have to agree with Andreas that this is an unprofitable way to approach
the discussion. There are better and worse kinds of hammers, but they can
all pretty much be used to drive nails, and talking about the relative
merits of the various hammers won't get any nails driven.

Changing tools will not cause work which hasn't gotten done so far to
magically become accomplished independently of someone's sitting down and
doing it. My favorite flute instruction book has this advice on the first
page, in large letters: "MERE POSSESSION OF THIS BOOK IS _NOT_ SUFFICIENT."