Re: Shouldn't Drupal be reconsidered as CMS

The important thing is that Plone can do the job and can do it very
well, plus we have invested a lot of time, even in recent months in
gathering a strong core of Plone persons who are committed to the
task.

Going back to the CMS issue, feels like a return to square one. The
last study I read, March 2009, Plone was considered an excellent and
robust choice for websites with complex needs (e.g. i18n), there is
definitely nothing lost in choosing Plone. see:
http://www.idealware.org/comparing_os_cms/ (requires registration).

As a side note, the study suggested that Drupal was very good for
Community and mashup (think web 2.0) related applications, but I'm not
sure if that is the direction of wgo, which will be more about
heirarchal content management which is more "hacky" to implement with
Drupal.