Re: www.gnome.org redesign status

2009/4/21 Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>:
> On 04/21/2009 12:07 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:
>>
>> I found that to be a strange response to me saying (in that same email)
>> that we should not block on choosing _any_ CMS. We don't need a CMS to
>> get the new structure and content online. A suitable CMS would be
>> _nice_, but it's not a blocker. Lack of committed web people is the
>> blocker.
>
> Any reason not simply go with MediaWiki?  We already know that the wiki is
> where everything happens.  Why not use it for everything?

Hi Behdad,

If you want a structured webpage you either use a CMS and use its
structuring tools, or use a wikipage and commit yourself and everyone
else submitting content to keep a high discipline on how the structure
should be, also, doing the right theming is definitively harder.

In my experience, Wikis are not the solution for this sort of things.

You need