Re: www.gnome.org redesign status

Just stepping back a bit... This long unsuccessful story might mean
something about plone for GNOME: maybe plone is not the best choice for
GNOME because we have nobody active who will be able to take care of it.
(don't get me wrong: it's nothing about plone or about the people)

In my experience with my own corporate Plone-based intranet, Plone is very capable, but its complexity makes it very difficult for mere mortals to work on. It is not well suited for volunteers to work on piecemeal. In the end, if you want results, it usually works out best to pay a Plone expert to "make it happen". (I can recommend a consultant if anyone wants one.)

It might be better to stick with a wiki-type thing (moinmoin or mediawiki or whatever...), but appoint a wiki-editor-in-chief to structure the site so it doesn't become a mess.

I don't mean to be negative; just sharing my Plone experience...

- Mike