Re: www.gnome.org

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> Its frustrating that nothing happens on WGO.

It certainly is.

> The problem is not all the
> bugs or shortcomings of the website. The problem is the organization. I
> also dont think that a technical new solution like Plone will magically
> remove all organizational problems. Its easy to see bugs on web pages
> but if those are not fixed the problem lies deeper.

I completely agree.  And judging based on how long it has taken, I'm tending
to thin the Plone system will bring in more problems than it will solve.

> Concrete suggestions: Find somebody who will be the primary webmaster
> (in a responsible sense, not so much technical) and find somebody who is
> officially coordinating marketing efforts. There are many cooks but you
> can never depend on anything that is said right now. Intransparency
> kills involvement.

It's easy to say so, it's impossible to find that one person.  I have a
different approach to the solution: Lets install a readily available CMS, like
Joomla, plug it into our existing LDAP account system, make it easy for
everyone with commit access to create a web password and edit.  Then we can
mobilize the hundreds of our volunteers to keep the website up to date instead
of looking for The One.

behdad