Re: [PloneSoftwareCenter] Episode VI: The return of the DOAP

The trouble is this is going to take me time due to the learning curve and limited time before I can even commit code. :-(

Well, don't worry about that :). And if you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

At current I personally feel the best mockup is:- http://people.redhat.com/duffy/gnome-brand/wgo/wgo_mock-9nov.png although it lacks the secondary nav bar. Have we come up with a way that works for the secondary nav bar even?  We need to also think about colour themes, and select a chosen palette, which should create a common consistency through out wgo.

We already have a secondary navbar, and it is already implemented, although in a very alpha form (see mockup at http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/mairinduffy/wgo-barnav-3.png). By the way, I've noticed that the "About" folder onto http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/ isn't a tab, hence not making the secondary navbar work. A folder usually becomes a tab by itself if placed in the Plone site root, unless the behaviour has been disabled in the ZMI, so I was rather puzzled when I took a look at it. I'm not in charge of the content, so I don't know if there are special reasons for which a certain behaviour was chosen: but if anybody wonders why the secondary navbar does not work, it is because it never gets displayed when the "Home" tab is selected.
And yes, I chose this behaviour on purpose (since all the content in the root is already displayed as tabs, there is no need to "navigate" the root through the secondary navbar, since the tab bar already allows the user to do so).

Which mockup are we heading with?

I think the mockup you posted is the one selected for the homepage.

By the way, we must also define what is the content of the homepage, what are the features of the product and so on, so it would be cool for people to post their ideas (and/or point us toward already existing products: call me lazy, but after years spent at reinventing the wheel I'd prefer to move toward other shapes).

Cheers,

--
Simone Deponti
<fabz> I think we need to work on our communication.. one guy is talking crap, one just goes "lol" and the other one doesn't understand what's going on