Re: library.gnome.org status

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 07:50:16PM +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> > > - http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/
> > that's in SVN, under a totally non-obvious module name.
>
> The whole dgo is in svn, I guess you mean somewhere else.

As a warning: It is not as easy as you might think.

Developer.gnome.org is made up of different svn modules. The 'html'
parts are mostly in web-devel-2. However, there are others like:

URL part		SVN module
/documents/		gnome-devel-docs
/gep			gep
/dotplan/porting	porting-doc
/status/		gnome-2-plan

(above list is very incomplete)

Some of the documentation was built out of modules that currently do not
have that documentation anymore (only in history). Further, above is
just the modules I know about. I know that for www.gnome.org and
developer.gnome.org some modules directly install into the site itself
(making it difficult to understand which SVN modules are used for
www.gnome.org and developer.gnome.org).
After the switch to SVN, I wanted to wipe out the existing d.g.o
(because of all the 'CVS' directories, etc). I planned to 'just' build
it from source again. I am still glad I decided otherwise.
Some of d.g.o currently cannot be updated anymore. The only real
solution that I see is building d.g.o to another directory and comparing
which files (or maybe just directories) are not in web-devel-2.

Note that I agree that all documentation should go to library.gnome.org
and maybe we that should just be done (meaning, forget about checking
all the possible d.g.o documents, just place docs we care about on
library.g.o).

--
Regards,
Olav